Build / CI (continuous integration) Engineer
Position location: (Time Zone): Remote/flexible. Multiple time zones, 2 positions required to span Central European time zone, Eastern through Pacific North American time zones, and China time zone.
Matter is an application-layer connectivity standard for the connected home. Matter is designed to be simple, ubiquitous, interoperable, secure, and reliable. It has been broadly adopted by a wide spectrum of device makers and connected home ecosystems.
Matter SDK is the reference implementation of Matter protocols. It is an open-source effort, hosted on GitHub under the Apache 2 license. Member companies of the Connectivity Standards Alliance, contracted staff and open-source developers worldwide contribute daily to the SDK, with an average traffic of 100 pull requests merged per week. The SDK provides:
- A platform-independent implementation of key Matter protocols – core protocols for commissioning, naming, advertising and resolution, secure session establishment, multiple ecosystem management, and data interaction protocols.
- A reference implementation of application-specific schemas (clusters)
- Storage and security bindings
- Integration with a reference platform (embedded Linux on Raspberry Pi)
- Embeddings into several leading embedded platforms and SDKs
- Support software engineering teams spread across multiple time zones
- Develop and maintain the build, deployment, and test automation systems and processes
- Monitor and maintain the stability of the build and deployment systems and processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve build and deployment issues
- Integrate and configure tools for continuous integration and delivery
- Ensure that builds are performed in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong experience in software build and deployment automation
- Strong experience with git, GitHub infrastructure and tools such as GitHub Actions
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including version control, continuous integration, and deployment
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization technologies such as Docker