Certification Test Tool Associate
Supervisor: Certification Test Tool Associate
Position location: Organization Headquarters – Davis, California or Virtual
The Alliance Certification Test Tool Associate for the Connectivity Standards Alliance will be responsible for the day-to-day activities associated with the development and maintenance of the Alliance’s technical toolset which includes member-facing tools (i.e., test harnesses, certification tools, etc.).
Technical Toolset Management (primary role)
- Manage the gathering of requirements for new features to be implemented
- Create documentation, training, and support for internally developed tools.
Test Harness Development and Maintenance (primary role)
- Develop architecture and code to help expand existing Alliance test harness tools
- Provide technical plans and architecture outlines for new feature requests for test harnesses and tools
- Maintain and fix bugs of internally developed tools as needed.
- Create and apply test cases for QA and validation of the tools and features under development.
- Attend official test events to validate the TH new features
Qualifications and experience:
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology and 2-3 years of development experience.
- Specific coding experience with commonly used test harness programming languages
- Java (a plus)
- Demonstrated knowledge of communication principles
- Knowledge/experience with Internet Protocol (IP) v4 and v6
- Demonstrated experience of developing test tools
- Demonstrate experience working with Linux-based systems, specially Raspberry Pi.
- Self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working/collaborating across a geographically diverse team