Member Engagement Project Specialist
Manager: Director of Member Services
Department: Member Services & Information Technology
Position location: US/Remote
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 (USD) annually
The Member Engagement Project Specialist is responsible for both service and outreach-related projects and activities and systems/tools project support for our global Alliance members helping to ensure a positive member journey, instilling the value of Alliance membership, and continually improving the member experience. This includes process definition and improvement, managing access to systems and tools, supporting rollout and use of systems and tools, database management and reporting, and care and support both directly with and for members, and indirectly with employees of the Alliance to serve our membership.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a collaborative personality, a forward-thinking mindset, a proficient technical and programmatic support background, and excellent customer-facing skills. This position will:
- Provide Systems & Tools Support: In conjunction with the Manager of IT Systems and Tools, provide one-on-one support for new user account creation in Slack, GitHub, and other member- and staff-facing tools and projects as needed.
- Own Member Services Data Management: Maintain integrity, collection, and optimization of Alliance member company data – including member company/contact and/or Working Group information. Will leverage CRM tool (HubSpot) to refine and facilitate data management processes, procedures, and reporting.
- Improve Member Services Processes: Identify, recommend, and develop new processes and procedures to meet the evolving needs of member companies and put them directly into action via our Help Desk.
- Manage the collection, administration, tracking, and reporting of member company data from joining throughout members’ lifecycle
- Create and maintain member company user accounts for member collaboration site (Causeway), Slack, Teams, GitHub, and other tools as needed
- Provide administrative and program support to the Manager of IT Systems and Tools on staff- and member-facing tool implementation, rollouts, training, and troubleshooting
- Drive outreach and tracking processes of member company Working Group participation, in accordance with Alliance voting and IPR policies
- Serve as a point of contact and outreach for the Member Services Support team, in conjunction with the Member Services Specialist, responsible for membership-based customer service inquiries received via Zendesk
- Provide on-site and remote member support for meetings and events, domestically and internationally
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and/or Association Management Software (AMS) experience required (HubSpot, Causeway, and/or Zendesk experience a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 systems and software use and configuration, including experience setting up, supporting, and administering Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel for internal and/or external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent, solution-focused customer service internally (staff-facing) and externally (member-facing)
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Confidence to engage with internal and external teams, including members and executives, to provide support, reach common goals, and solve problems
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy while keeping the overall goal(s) of a project in mind
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple, concurrent tasks
- Initiative to take on projects as your own and anticipate potential problems, solutions, and tasks
- Willingness to continually learn new things, as well as understand, modify, and master processes
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of work experience; or Associates degree with at least 5 years of work experience (1-3 years of association or non-profit experience preferred)