Manager: Program Director
Position location: Virtual
We are seeking a PMO Manager of the Office of Program Management to join the Connectivity Standards Alliance Office of Program Management. You will be responsible for the management and driving delivery of technology-related projects across various Working Groups within the Alliance. You will oversee and manage the project activities of the Alliance Working Groups. You will be responsible for ensuring the on-time delivery and overall success of Alliance Technical Specifications and Certification Programs Launch, per established schedules of the Working Group Steering Committees. You will coordinate with Alliance Marketing to ensure any gating Marketing activities adhere to a schedule. This will be achieved with your oversight of the activities of each Technical and Certification Subgroup Chair and their Subgroup Tiger Teams informing the Working Group Steering Committees on each Subgroup’s progress and performance. The goal is to ensure that each Subgroup achieves their deliverables successfully, adding the highest possible value to the overall success of the Alliance.
- Organize team of Project Coordinators for Working Group support
- Train Project Associates on the best practices of project/program planning
- Plan and implement Working Group specification development projects
- Direct and lead the work of Project Coordinator staff
- Evaluate new Project/Program Management strategies and procedures
- Oversee development of Working Group Project schedules and reporting to Board and Working Groups
- Oversee development of Working Group budgets
- Ensure deadlines and expense / budget targets are met
- Maintain required project documentation
- Serve as a liaison between Alliance department heads, Program Coordinators and Working Group leadership related to aspects of Working Group projects.
Required Qualifications / Skills
- Strong leadership qualities – A leader amongst leaders
- Degreed: Engineering or Business
- PMP Certified (not required but an indication of project planning fundamental knowledge)
- Strong personal and project management skills – Proven experience as a program manager or similar managerial position with translatable skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Program Management software (Asana, Microsoft Project or equivalent)
- Previous experience in information technology, internet of things (IoT) or work within other alliances.
- Strong analysis and critical thinking
- Deadline, results, outcomes and detail-oriented
- Proven knowledge of data analysis, earned value management, reporting and budget development and management
- Proven exceptional, professional written and oral communication skills