Solutions Architect – EU Region
Manager: Director of Technology
Position location: Virtual
The EU Solutions Architect is a key member of the Connectivity Standards Alliance (formerly Zigbee Alliance) Technology Team reporting to the Director of Technology. The EU Solutions Architect will serve as the Alliance’s technical resource in the EU region and help the Alliance understand localization requirements and how those can be supported in the Working Groups.
The EU Solutions Architect will work with region-specific technical organizations to exchange information on Alliance specifications and technologies and assist in the recruitment of targeted Members in the region.
Stakeholders: Working-Group Steering Committees, technical and product Working Groups, targeted Members
Technical Working Group (TSG) Support
- Support Working Group Technical Sub-Group/Balloting Group Chairs and other members in understanding markets and Alliance Roadmaps
- Support MRD/TRD and Working Group Roadmap development for specific Working Groups and Projects of the Alliance
- Support development and operational tools needed for the Working Groups, such as the DCL and GitHub
- Assist with support of Technical Liaison Agreements, and the transfer of information needed
Industry Events, Training, and Member Outreach
- Act as Connectivity Standards Alliance representative at pre-determined trade shows and public events as appropriate in support of marketing and outreach objectives.
- Assist activities with member volunteers at Member technology days (e.g., company-specific, or regional days).
- Run European-based technical training programs, support test events, and hackfests, with member volunteers, on Alliance technologies.
Targeted Member Support
- Serve as technical point of contact for a few key individual Board Directors and other key member companies as needed.
- Prepare and present monthly updates on standards development and independent assessment of progress.
Alliance Member Support (Regional)
- Support and collaborate on new member orientation sessions (in-person and virtual); help to steer members to the proper contacts and Working Groups to ensure their topical interests are covered.
- Respond to member inquiries regarding Alliance programs and activities that require more attention than the help desk can provide (e.g., technology questions).
- Member Meetings: Synthesize member feedback and integrate into the Member Meeting agenda. Collaborate with the Board of Directors, Marketing, Operations and Member Relations in finalizing the member meeting agenda.
Key Performance Indicators & Responsibilities (SMART)
- Working Group Product Requirements validated by key members
- Three technical workshops and training programs on technical requirements for Matter
- One-to-one availability for member consultation on interpreting work-in-progress and published specifications: target ten per month
- Member recruiting and outreach. Target markets in EU: target conversion rate
- Be available for running calls for all Matter TSG Tiger Team calls
- Provide quarterly and on-demand updates to interest groups on working group roadmaps and product development
- Represent Alliance at Industry events in the region
- Proactively seek out speaking engagements at industry and developer conferences