Technical Tools Associate
Supervisor: Technical Tools Expert
Directly Supervises: N/A
Position Location: Organization Headquarters – Davis, California or Virtual
The Alliance Technical Tools Associate for the Connectivity Standards Alliance will be responsible for day-to-day activities associated with the development and maintenance of the Alliance’s technical tool set which includes member facing tools (i.e., test harnesses, certification tools, etc.), and other member-related technical support activities.
Technical Toolset Management (primary role)
- Manage the drafting, deployment, and response collection for Request for Proposals (RFP) for externally developed tools.
- Perform the development, documentation, training and support for internally developed tools.
- Maintenance of existing Alliance technical tools.
- Manage the vendor relationship (support, ongoing maintenance) for externally sourced tools.
- Assist in the IT infrastructure management for the Alliance (data backup/recovery for technical documents (technical and test specifications and other technical documents))
- Support Beta programs for Alliance tools in development.
Test Harness Development and Maintenance (primary role)
- Develop architecture and code to help expand existing Alliance test harness tools
- Provide technical plans and architecture outlines for new feature requests for test harnesses and tools
- Support a development team of programmers within the Alliance Work Groups working on the development of the new test harnesses and tools
- Maintenance and bugs fixes as needed.
Team Support (primary role)
- Support the development team of programmers within the Alliance Work Groups working on the development of the new test harnesses and tools
Assessment of Authorized Test Service Providers (primary role)
- Maintain and develop working relationships with the Authorized Test Service Providers.
- Support the Test Service Provider validation process from the perspective of official test harness use and assessment of knowledge
- Support the maintenance & licensing of Alliance test harnesses
Technical Events (backup role)
- Support test event activities and recording of activity to meet Alliance requirements
- Leverage Alliance events as source for tools feedback and early deployment
- Assist in pre and post-test event activities related to the test harnesses and tools being used at the event
- Provide technical support to the Certification and Testing Team of the Alliance
Member / Non-Member Communications (backup role)
- Provide technical support to members relating to official Alliance test harnesses
- Provide technical support to members relating to Alliance processes and to non-members regarding the Alliance test harnesses
Certification Tools (backup role)
- Maintain and enhance web-based tools.
- Assist in the maintenance and support of Alliance certification test tools (including: licensing, bug reporting, revision management, etc.)
- Special Project Support, as requested.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- Specific coding experience with commonly used test harness programming languages
- Demonstrated knowledge of wireless communication principles
- Knowledge/experience with IEEE 802.15.4 based protocols and/or Zigbee
- Knowledge/experience with Internet Protocol (IP) v4 and v6
- Demonstrated experience of developing test tools and harnesses
- Experience of working with a small team of programmers
- Experience with web-based applications
- Strong communications skills and customer-facing experience
- Self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working/collaborating across a geographically diverse team